California State Permitting and Licensing


At KarolWilliams PC, we provide a range of advocacy services before state commissions and licensing authorities to help guide you or your business through the licensing and/or permitting process. We specialize in matters before the Department of Business Oversight, the California Coastal Commission, and matters related to cannabis (see Cannabis Law), though we are ready to assist with matters before all state and local agencies, commissions, and other administrative and legislative bodies.

At the Department of Business Oversight, we can guide you through the process of obtaining a California Finance Lenders License pursuant to the California Financing Law, compliance with the California Franchise Investment Law, the registration of securities pursuant to the Corporate Securities Law of 1968, and more.

We also provide advocacy and consulting services related to the California Coastal Commission and the entitlement process for land use pursuant to the California Coastal Act. Under our guidance, we can help you obtain approval for your project from the Coastal Commission including, but not limited to: Coastal Development Permits (CDPs) of all types, appeals of CDPs, and matters related to enforcement of Coastal Commission rulings and decisions.  

Who Needs It: Businesses and entrepreneurs seeking to obtain relevant licenses and permits from the state of California.

Fee Arrangements: We work with you to come up with a fee structure that works for you. Depending on the specifics of your needs, a flat-fee arrangement, or hourly arrangement are most common.